Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Hepatology will provide gastroenterology and hepatology trainees with an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major liver diseases and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
Perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards and also as a refresher for board exam preparation, the focus throughout is on providing rapid reference, essential information on each disease to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
- An opening bottom-line/key points section.
- Classification, pathogenesis and prevention of disease.
- Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient.
- Disease management including commonly used medications with dosages, when to perform surgery, management algorithms and how to prevent complications.
- How to manage special populations, ie, in pregnancy, children and the eldery.
- The very latest evidence-based results, major society guidelines (AASLD/EASL) and key external sources to consult.
In addition, the book comes with a companion website housing extra features such as case studies with related questions for self-assessment, key patient advice and ICD codes.If you're specialising in hepatology and require a concise, practical guide to the clinical management of liver disease, bought to you by one of world's leading hospitals, then this is the perfect book for you.
DETTAGLI PRODOTTO torna su
Titolo: Mount Sinai Expert Guides - Hepatology
Autori: Ahmad - Friedman - Dancygier
Finitura: Copertina flessibile
Misure: 17x24 cm
Peso: 1 kg